UPDATE: Nominations for the 2009 Philippine Blog Awards has been extended to August 21, 2009, Friday, at 11:59PM Manila Time.
Once again, its that time of the year to recognize the Philippine’s finest and best blogs and bloggers. The 2009 Philippine Blog Awards with the theme “One Blogging Nation” was officially launched last July 8th and together with that, the PBA staff also unveiled the fresh new design for the Philippine Blog Awards website.
If last year’s design was nice, this one is much even better. Another great job by Gail Dela Cruz and the folks from Sheero Media Solutions.
This year’s Philippine Blog Awards will be a bit different from previous year’s events because for the first time, it will be held not only once but three times, two of which will be held in selected venues in the Visayas and Mindanao. I’m glad that the organizers did this because this gives bloggers from Visayas and Mindanao to participate and experience a special blogging event like this. I’m sure our blogging friends from those areas would be very happy about this since many of them weren’t able to attend the past two events because the event was held only in Manila. Aside from that development, there are also a few new awards/categories and special awards that have been added to the lineup:
- Videocast – The blog that moving images: videocasts or vlogs. These are the items we download from the blog or delivered to us by RSS. They may span from one minute to an hour.
- Podcast – The blog that posts sound: podcasts and videocasts. These are the items we download from the blog or delivered to us by RSS. They may span from one minute to an hour.
- Humor – A blog that focuses on putting a smile on a readers face and/or a series of giggles of ha ha has from its readers. It is hard to do comedy whether it be witty or just being plain pleasantly silly.
- Gaming – A blog that focuses on games both online and offline: Whether the game is played on an actual chess board or a virtual one.
- Advocacy – A blog that activelt supports a cause, causes or an idea. A blog that champions, advocates, argues, support, looks for support and even pleads for a cause whether it be social, political or ecological.
- Beauty – A blog focuses on beauty. It talks about; gives advise; and shows how beauty is taken cared of and even accenuated in order to look more pleasant to the eye.
New Special Awards:
- Filipino Abroad – This award gives due recognition to the Filipino blogger or blogger of Filipino ancestry who has contributed significantly to the community and the country through blogging.
- Foreign Blog – This award gives due recognition to a foreign owned or foreign blog that has focused and blogged significantly about the Filipinos and the Philippines.
- Filipiniana Blog – This award gives due recognition to the blog that has focused and consistently blogged about the Philippines whether it be social, political, historical and cultural. Everything Filipino: Everything Filipiniana.
- Blog Application – This award gives due recognition to the best blog application developed for 2009.
- Bisdak Blogger – This award goes to the blogger whose blog showcases his talent in blogging in the Vernacular (Bisaya). The word “Bisdak” comes from the words “BISaya” and “DAKu” which literally means Bisaya (the vernacular) and Big. This award will recognize our bloggers who blog with passion with their native tongue.
- Visayas Bloggers Choice – The Visayas is now a growing community of Bloggers from Cebu, Bohol, Iloilo and more. There are a good number of impressive blogs but some stands out above the others. This awards goes to the blogger whose blog is the talk of the town–the influential blog, the inspirational blog and the example. This award will recognize the blogger who is well respected in the Blogging communities in Visayas.
- Best Visayas Locale Blog – As we have different travel blogs showcasing the different beautiful places a travel blogger goes to, this next award focuses on a Visayan blog which will promote one’s hometown or city here in Visayas. This award goes to the best blog which talks about a certain blogger’s hometown or city.
- Best Visayas Nature Blogger – When one comes to Visayas he/she may have the different choices of experiencing the Life of nature. We cannot deny the white sand beaches, the rare virgin forests filled with exotic wild life and the beautiful waterfalls that are located in this region. We recognize the blogger who best presents these best things in life found in Nature.
Nomination Period is from July 8 until August 13, 2009 at 11:59 PM Manila time. So if you wanna join and register your blog or would like to recommend or nominate your favorite Pinoy blog/blogger, you still have about 2 weeks time to do it.
Again, the Philippine Blog Awards organizers are looking for volunteers and sponsors for this year’s event. If you can’t do that, you can also help spread the word about the 2009 Philippine Blog Awards by blogging about it or by displaying the official Philippine Blog Awards banners on your blog or website.
For more information regarding the eligibility & guidelines, nomination process, criteria for judging and other inquiries, please visit the 2009 Philippine Blog Awards official website.