Robert Downey Jr. is Iron Man

Iron Man - Robert Downey Jr.

Iron Man is one of my favorite comic book superheroes. I still remember watching the cartoon series on tv when I was a kid. I’ve always been waiting for this time when Hollywood would create a screen version of Iron Man. And now, they did.

Iron Man (Anthony Edward “Tony” Stark) is a fictional superhero in the Marvel Comics universe. He was created by Stan Lee, Larry Lieber, Don Heck and Jack Kirby in Tales of Suspense #39 (March 1963).

Downey will play Tony Stark, a billionaire industrialist and genius inventor who is kidnapped and forced to build a devastating weapon. Instead, using his intelligence and ingenuity, Tony builds a high-tech suit of armor and escapes captivity. Upon his return to America, Tony must come to terms with his past. When he uncovers a nefarious plot with global implications, he dons his powerful armor and vows to protect the world as Iron Man.

Marvel Entertainment

This 100 Million action-adventure movie will be directed by comic buff Jon Favreau, produced by Marvel Entertainment and distributed by Paramount Pictures. Iron Man comes to theaters on May 2, 2008.

Read Marvel Entertainment’s official press release.

*Iron Man photo taken from Marvel.com

1. A

June 4, 2008 at 1:16 PM

DOWNEY ROCKED IN THE FILM! HE’S AMAZING AND I ALWAYS KNEW HE’D DO GREAT DESPITE WHAT ALL THE HATERS SAID ABOUT HIM BEING TOO OLD AND UGLY AND WHAT NOT. BY THE WAY- HE’S EXTREMELY GOOD LOOKING.

2. Jaypee

October 9, 2006 at 11:44 AM

@ade – yeah, i hope so too. i guess most of us are looking forward to watching it.

@ralph – really? cool! thanks for letting me know.

3. ralphot

October 9, 2006 at 11:37 AM

ei jaypee… found some rejected design concepts for iron man. i posted it on my blog. lol. all i can say is… CAN'T WAIT!

4. ade

October 3, 2006 at 2:19 AM

Awesome. Hope they don't screw up this one.

5. Jaypee

October 2, 2006 at 1:11 PM

@abaniko – that's a good way to call it and there's always a little boy inside of us, right? Iron Man won't show til May 2, 2008. it's still a long wait for us. I've also added you to my links, thanks!

@hoop – the other actors who were interested to be Iron Man were Tom Cruise and Nicolas Cage. but as one critic said, Downey is a better actor and it's not about the looks. Just like how they casted Christian Bale for Batman Begins and if you've watched it, you know that he did a very good job for the role.

6. hoop

October 2, 2006 at 2:30 AM

Ironman is one of my favorite characters in the Marvel Universe… Robert Downey Jr as Ironman? parang di bagay and too young looking and not playboyish enough… maybe George Clooney with a moustache… hehehe except he already played batman…

7. Abaniko

October 1, 2006 at 6:16 PM

It's always good to see your favorite comics heroes come alive on screen. I call it a validation of your imagination. Hehe. I hope you'd have a grand time watching Iron Man in the movies.

As you requested, I have already added you to my blogroll. Cheers!

8. Jaypee

October 1, 2006 at 1:55 PM

@gibbs – sure thing. i've already added you to my blogroll.

@trench – i hope so too. yeah, so far Spiderman has had the best sequels & i'm expecting the 3rd sequel to be a good one, especially that Venom would be there.

@gbert – true, robert downey jr. is a very good & versatile actor. he has something in common with this character, Tony Stark also has a drinking problem. hehe

@cruise – oo, maganda panoorin yan kung iMax.

9. cruise

September 30, 2006 at 6:53 AM

wahhhh, excited na ako sa iron man na yan… sana 3d din pang mall of asia.

10. gbert

September 30, 2006 at 5:02 AM

it's something to look forward to… new addition to the superheroes na movie… hehe i know robert downey is a great actor despite his drugs problems before… he really is…

11. trench

September 30, 2006 at 4:55 AM

Im a huge Marvel fan. Hopefully they wont screw this one up. Lately, the marvel movies haven't been too hot. Spiderman is the only movie with the better sequel.

12. gibbs cadiz

September 30, 2006 at 1:02 AM

hey jaypee,

thanks for dropping by the site, man. reciprocal link-up? :)

gibbs