UPDATE: THIS GIVEAWAY IS OFFICIALLY OVER AS OF 11/16/2013. WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED AND NOTIFIED SOON.
Having unique, compelling and useful content, products or services doesn’t guarantee success in the Internet. Even if you have all that but don’t have anyone (visitors/traffic) to see or use it, then all of it becomes worthless or useless. Unless you’re a celebrity or own a popular brand, having a social media presence won’t even be enough to bring in more traffic.
To attract visitors and traffic to your website, you can put up advertisements online or use SEO (search engine optimization). Advertisements costs money while SEO on the other hand is a bit cheaper and even free if you know how to do it. If you’re using WordPress as the publishing platform or CMS for your website, online business, etc. and would like to learn how use search engine optimization, then you can try out WebDesy’s SEO Crash Course for WordPress Users.
The SEO Crash Course is a video training course created by Kenneth von Rauch from WebDesy.com and is comprised of 21 videos that guides users and teaches them the step-by-step process on optimizing their WordPress-powered site for search engine optimization. To give you a better idea on how this training course works, here’s a video introduction:
Below is the complete list of videos and the topics covered in the SEO Crash Course for WordPress Users.
- Introduction – This video just talks about what you’ll learn in the course and how it’ll change the way your WordPress site works.
- What is SEO – This episode explains what SEO is actually all about and why you need to care about doing it properly for your WordPress site.
- WordPress SEO by Yoast – This video coaches you through the process of installing and setting up the main SEO plugin that every WordPress site owner definitely needs. It’s actually a quick manual on how to tweak its crucial settings. Upcoming videos will explain how to work with other settings of the plugin.
- Robots.txt File – This episode deals with the topic of what you need robots.txt for, how to create and properly use it specifically on a WordPress site. Plus you’ll learn how to update your robots.txt file any time you wish and with no messing around with code.
- Google Analytics – You’ll get to know what Google Analytics is, what you need it for and what exactly kind of features you should focus on.
- Google Webmaster Tools – In this episode, you’ll learn how to add your site to Google Webmaster Tools so that you can use its features.
- XML Sitemap – You’ll understand what the file is used for and how to make it work at its best with no extra hassle.
- How to Do Keyword Research – This video coaches you through the process of doing keyword research in the best way possible.
- Google Keyword Planner – You’ll learn how to use Google Keyword Planner for keyword research and generating lucrative keyword ideas.
- Using Synonyms – This video explains how to write your copy the smart way with synonyms rather than just stuffing it with keywords.
- On-Page SEO vs. Off-Page SEO – In this episode of the course, you’ll get the idea about the difference between on-page and off-page SEO (plus their elements)
- Where to Use Your Keyword – This video explains which elements of a page should contain your keyword so that you get the biggest bang for your money.
- Image Optimization – You’ll learn why you need to optimize images and how to do it both with WordPress dashboard and Photoshop.
- How to Boost Page Quality – You’ll get to know a few really neat and easy-to-do tips that will considerably bump up your Google rankings
- Video SEO – This video walks you through optimizing video content for YouTube.com so that it drives way more customers right to your site.
- SEO Friendly URLs – You’ll learn how to properly set up your permalink structure so that it’s both SEO and user friendly.
- Schema.org for WordPress Users – Sounds spooky? In fact, you’ll learn the easy way of adding Schema.org markup to your WordPress site.
- .htaccess Redirection Made Easy – You’ll learn how to do redirections without messing around with any code so that you can apply them any minute you need to.
- Google Authorship – You’ll learn how to create Google snippets that stand out in search results and bring more visitors to your site.
- Local SEO – You’ll become able to efficiently do local SEO for WordPress sites so that you can also help your customers with brick and mortar business
- Before You Go – It’s just a round-up of all the to-the-point and valuable knowledge, tips and tricks that you learned with SEO Crash Course for WordPress
Although I already know SEO and have learned most of the topics covered in this training course before watching it, I was still able to better understand some aspects of SEO like How to Do Keyword Research, Using Synonyms and On-Page SEO vs Off-Page SEO. This video training course was designed for levels or expertise so it doesn’t matter if you’re new or haven’t done SEO before or not. The only thing you need to know is how to use WordPress and you’re good to go!
The videos were produced in such a way that they are straightforward and easy to understand, so you don’t have to worry if you’ve never had any prior experience in SEO. The SEO Crash Course also helps beginners to learn and deal with advanced SEO stuff with the help of right and best WordPress plugins available like the WordPress SEO by Yoast which is probably the most reliable and most recommended plugin right now when it comes to optimizing a WordPress site for SEO, as well as other very important aspects such as implementing sitemaps and setting up Google Authorship. Another thing I like about this course is that it only tackles and covers the topics that you need so you won’t be wasting time learning stuff that are not important.
The WebDesy SEO Crash Course for WordPress Users is currently available at $99 for a limited time and comes with a 30-day money back guarantee.
Good news for JaypeeOnline readers and visitors. In cooperation with WebDesy and generosity of Kenneth von Rauch, we are giving away 5 SEO Crash Course for WordPress Users accounts worth $99 for FREE! All you need to do is fill up the Promo Simple widget below. The only requirement is to subscribe to the JaypeeOnline Newsletter which entitles you to 3 entries. A bonus of 1 entry can be obtained by Liking the JaypeeOnline Facebook page or Following our Twitter account. You get 2 entries if you do both. If you’ve already done it before, you don’t have to do it again and you’ll automatically be credited the entries. It’s that simple. Giveaway ends on November 16, 2013.
What are you waiting for? Here’s your chance to learn or improve you SEO skills and get access to the SEO Crash Course for WordPress users video training course for FREE!