In this article, we suggest you get acquainted with the free editor of web languages – CodeLobster IDE. It is presented in the software market for a long time already, and it wins a lot of fans.
The program includes an auto-completion function, which greatly speeds up the programmer’s work and eliminates the possibility of errors.
The built-in PHP debugger allows you to execute PHP scripts step by step, sequentially moving through the lines of code. You can assign checkpoints, view the process of the work of loops, and monitor the values of all variables during the execution of the script.
Other useful functions and features of the IDE:
- A pair highlighting of parentheses and tags – you will never have to count parentheses or quotation marks, the editor will take care of it.
- Highlighting of blocks, selection and collapsing of code snippets, bookmarks to facilitate navigation on the edited file, recognition, and building of the complete structure of PHP projects – these functions ensure easy work with projects of any scale.
- Support for 17 user-interface languages, among them English, German, Russian, Spanish, French, and others.
- The program works on the following operating systems: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac OS, Linux, Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian.
The professional version of CodeLobster IDE provides the programmer with even more features.
For example, you have an opportunity to work with projects on a remote server with the use of the built-in FTP client. You can edit the selected files, preview the results, and then synchronize the changes with the files on the hosting.
In addition the professional version includes an extensive set of plug-ins:
- A large set of extensions that help to work with PHP frameworks – CakePHP, CodeIgniter, Laravel, Phalcon, Smarty, Symfony, Twig and Yii plug-ins.
- Plugins for working with the most popular CMS – Drupal, Joomla, Magento and WordPress.
- Also CodeLobster IDE has special plug-in for Bootstrap.
We can download and install any framework directly from the program without being distracted from the main tasks.
In general, for a year of work, our team had no complaints against the editor. CodeLobster IDE works fast, does not hang, and allows us to work even with large PHP projects.
You can download CodeLobster IDE from the official website http://codelobster.com/.
If you want to get a FREE copy of the CodeLobster IDE Professional version, just leave a comment below and tell us how you’re going to use CodeLobster.
We will pick 10 winners and announce the names on January 21, 2019. Each winner will receive a CodeLobster IDE Professional version license worth $79.95.
This post may contain affiliate links that allow us to earn commissions at no additional cost to you. We are reader-supported so when you buy through the affiliate links, you are also helping or supporting us.