New year = new challenges and opportunities. For me and this blog, it also means a new set of blogging goals. I do this every year – making a list of blogging goals as a way to motivate myself in doing my best and also to improve this blog and to provide you – the readers with useful and interesting stuff. Having a list of blogging goals also helps me keep focused on the important things/priorities that I need to put my time and effort on instead of wasting time on mediocre things.
Before I share my blogging goals for 2011, let me share with you the results of last year’s goals. Unlike in 2009, where I almost successfully achieved all the goals I listed, I failed to achieve several goals that I listed last year (Some goals were not total failures but were “almost” achieved). Inspite of that, last year was still a very good year for me and this blog.
2010 Blog Goals
1. Reach at least 1,000 RSS subscribers. (Currently at 600+)
– Almost made it. There were 966 subscribers just before the year ended.
Increase the average daily blog traffic (pageviews and unique visitors).
– The traffic in the first 2 quarters doubled from 2009 and the last few months even quadrupled.
Increase the monthly earnings on Adsense and other affiliate networks.
– Revenue from all income sources have all increased compared to last year.
Have additional sources of income aside from Adsense and current affiliate networks.
– Was able to add a couple more income sources.
Have more direct advertisers.
– Had the most number of direct advertisers in 2010. Hope to have more this year.
6. Invite more guest bloggers on JaypeeOnline.
– Planned to open up this blog to guest bloggers but decided not to so I only accepted one guest post.
Continue the Weekend Roundup and add 1 new weekly/monthly feature.
– Instead of coming up with a new weekly/monthly feature, I decided to add more segments to the Weekend Roundup.
8. Host a group writing project.
– I wasn’t sure if I still wanted to do this but decided to just keep it in the list for this year’s goals.
9. Release a free WordPress theme.
– Things didn’t work out with the designer. Will try to do it this year.
Have more blog contests/giveaways.
– Hosted two business cards giveaways and a the $3,500+ Christmas Giveaway.
11. Attend more WordPress WordCamps or other blogger meetups.
– Was supposed to attend WordCamp LA but because of a conflict in schedule, I wasn’t able to go.
12. Attend the 2010 Philippine Blog Awards.
– Maybe this year. Hehe
13. Launch my other blog projects.
– Got started but failed to “officially” launch them. Will work on it and hope to launch them before middle of this year.
Help (sponsor) more aspiring & promising bloggers as well as blogging events.
– Sponsored Cebu Blog Camp 2010 and other blog contests.
15. Improve my “social skills” — more blog hopping/commenting, regular Twitter activity.
– Tried to do it on a regular basis but failed. Will do my best this year.
16. Do some guest blogging on other, bigger blogs.
My blogging goals for this year are basically the same – increase subscriber numbers, increase traffic, revenue, etc. including the goals I failed to reach last year but with a few minor changes.
2011 Blog Goals
1. Reach at least 1,500 RSS subscribers. (Currently at 960+)
2. Increase the average daily blog traffic (pageviews and unique visitors).
3. Increase the monthly earnings on Adsense and other affiliate networks.
4. Have more direct advertisers.
5. Invite guest bloggers on JaypeeOnline.
6. Continue the Weekend Roundup.
7. Host a group writing project.
8. Release a free WordPress theme.
9. Have more blog contests/giveaways.
10. Attend WordPress WordCamps or other blogger meetups.
11. Launch my other blog projects.
12. Help (sponsor) more aspiring & promising bloggers as well as blogging events.
13. Be more consistent with my post frequency.
14. Improve my “social skills” — reply promptly to the reader’s comments, do more blog hopping/commenting, regular Twitter activity.
15. Submit a guest blog post on other, bigger blogs.
Btw, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how I can improve JaypeeOnline – content, design, layout, etc. please feel free to post it via the comment section below or by sending me a message via the contact page.
Anybody else who set up a list of blogging goals for this year? What do you plan to do to make sure you achieve your goals? Please share your thoughts.
This post may contain affiliate links that allow us to earn commissions at no additional cost to you. We are reader-supported so when you buy through the affiliate links, you are also helping or supporting us.