Some of the themes on the list are popular WordPress themes, like freshy, k2 and redoable. I hope that the theme authors would look into this and make the necessary changes and fix the template flaws.
If you want to perform the same test for your blog or WordPress themes that you’ve created, you can use the same method used by BlogSecurity team. All you need to do is follow the installation instructions:
- Download the wp-scanner activator plugin.
- Upload the plugin file to your wp-contents/plugin folder.
- Activate the plugin from the admin panel.
- Launch the wp-scanner and perform the test.
- As soon as you’re done, de-activate the plugin so other people can’t to scan your blog.
Btw, I performed the test for JaypeeOnline and I’m happy with the result:
I strongly recommend that you also perform this test so you can find out if the WordPress theme you’re using is vulnerable or not. It would only take a few minutes of your time. If you’ve also performed the test, please share your test results or your thoughts regarding this matter. Thank you!
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Make it a habit to download WordPress themes or plugins from reliable sources or directly from the author’s site. Better safe than sorry!
Have a good weekend everyone! :)