Fast Boot Windows
This tip is for people running Windows XP on their machines with multiple user accounts or for people just like me who have only one account but uses passwords to login into their machine. This Windows tweak will load your programs even before you login.
You can turn on your PC and go away or do something else for 5 minutes and when you come back and type in your password you will immediately have access to your desktop. I’ve applied this tweak and I love it!
Here’s how to do it:
1. Download Microsoft’s free TweakUI tool and install it.
2. Click START, go to Programs menu, and select Tweak UI from the Powertoys for Windows XP folder.
3. In the TweakUI window, double-click the Logon item in the left-hand column to expand it.
4. Click on the AutoLogon item underneath the Logon section.
5. Check the box that says Log on automatically at system startup.
6. Click the Set Password button and enter in your windows login password
7. Click OK and close Tweak UI.
8. Download this .reg file and run it. When it asks you if you want to merge it with your registry, choose Yes.
NOTE: If you feel queasy about merging a reg file with your registry, you can also add it by hand. Go to Start > Run and type in regedit and press OK. Browse to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] and create a new String Value. Name it Lock Computer on Startup, and set the value to rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation.
Hope this short and simple tutorial on how to make Windows XP boot faster helped you speeding up your PC.