6 Types Of Social Media Personas [Infographic]By JP Habaradas on June 22, 2012 @jaypee
Are you an active social media user and belong to one or several social networks? Did you know that there are different types of social media personas? Aimia, a global leader in loyalty management recently conducted a survey among Internet users based on two behavioral drivers – Trust & Control and came up with 6 diverse social media personas – No shows, Newcomers, Onlookers, Cliquers, Mix-n-minglers and Sparks.
Here are some details regarding the different social media personas:
- No Shows (41% of US population) – least involved with social media, if at all; infrequently engage in online commerce.
- Newcomers (15%) – passive users of a single social media network, primarily to enhance offline relationships.
- Onlookers (16%) – observe others via social channels on a regular basis, but share almost no personal information.
- Cliquers (6%) – active users of one network; influential among their small group of friends and family.
- Mix-n-Minglers (19%) – those who regularly share and interact with a diverse group of connections via social media.
- Sparks (3%) – most active and deeply engaged users of social media; will serve as enthusiastic online ambassadors for their favorite brands.
Based on the infographic below, which social media persona are you? Do you think that the study and the infographic are more or less accurate in grouping or categorizing social media users?
You may also like...
$10,500 Thanksgiving Giveaway
JaypeeOnline started out as a personal blog back in 2002 as a place for the author to share his experiences & rants. After a few years, the author learned more about blogging and saw it's potential so he decided to become serious and focus on a specific niche. Since the author loved computers and gadgets, Technology was the obvious choice.
This blog features the latest & popular Technology stories and other related topics that are featured in different categories - Gadgets, Freeware, Internet, Social Media and SEO just to mention a few. As a long-time and avid user of WordPress, the author also features a lot of WordPress-related stories and updates.
Aside from the author, this blog also features articles from guest bloggers. If you are interested in submitting your article/s and want it to be published here at JaypeeOnline, please read the Guest Post Guidelines.
More details on the About page.
TagsWordPress Google twitter facebook iphone widget-ready social media android SEO Social Networks WordPress Plugins WordPress Themes free wp theme free WordPress theme Apple Firefox 2-column wordpress-theme ipad Microsoft wordpress-plugin giveaway gmail infographic wp-theme Windows ipod-touch Paypal threaded-comments premium wordpress themes Ubuntu gravatar Search-engine-optimization wordcamp youtube contest wifi Blogging Myspace Mac