“Proudly Pinoy” Logo Design Competition

A couple days ago, I received an email from Nick Tan of Ahyer.com inviting me to join a logo contest which they were sponsoring. Since I don’t have Photoshop on my laptop and I’m not really that good in graphic design, I volunteered to promote the contest. Oh yeah, I forgot that I’m not qualified since I’m no longer residing in the Philippines.

This is a competition to design a “Proudly Pinoy” logo intended for placement on Filipino websites. The idea is to create a logo which expresses the pride of being Filipino, and which will allow a web site to elegantly declare its Philippine identity. The logo shall be in the form of a .gif or .png image in the Philippine public domain, meaning that any Filipino webmaster can post it on his or her website or blog.

Here are the details:

Objective: To design a logo which express pride in the Filipino spirit,
and helps provide Filipino identity to Philippine Web sites.

Launched: June 12, 2007 [Independence Day]
Deadline: July 11, 2007 11:59 PM Philippine Standard Time
Acceptable formats: .gif, .png, .jpg only.
Background color: white or transparent
Max entries per person: 3
Participation fee: None.
Qualifications: Must be resident in the Philippines.
Address to send entries: proudlypinoy@yahoo.com.ph

The sponsors will get their heads together and announce the winner on
July 19, 2007, on the web site.

Oh, did I mention that the winner receives PhP 10,000 cash? A cash prize is good, but don’t do it just for the money, do it for your country.

Details and FAQ here: http://www.proudlypinoy.org/

1. Ronald

March 19, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Hi Can Use din itong proudly pinoy Logo? im having a game where i can put a logo in so i decide to take this one because im a Pinoy and my teams name is Pinoy Club!!

may i use it?

2. Kaiser

November 23, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Is this true http://www.iamkaiser.com/proud.....-for-sale/ that proudlypinoy.org including the badge is for sale??

3. Gil Gozum

October 13, 2009 at 6:28 PM

Hi., I wold like to ask permission if I can use your logo for a fil-am community group in jackson tn?

Gil

October 29, 2008 at 7:15 PM

@Elizabeth – You got that right! Pinoys are very talented and excel in many art forms including graphic design.

I’d also love to see this logo on shirts, stickers, mugs, etc. But as far as I know, the owners of the Proudly Pinoy Logo aren’t gonna go into the business of selling merchandise.

Thanks for dropping by! :)

5. Elizabeth

October 29, 2008 at 7:11 PM

Galing talaga ng Pinoys. Can we purchase these logos in stickers, shirts, bags, etc.

June 19, 2007 at 7:50 AM

@geri – Go ahead and give it a try. I believe there’s no age limit for this one. :)

7. geri a.k.a. raredog

June 19, 2007 at 6:36 AM

hmmmm i might give it a try, ala bang age limit? :lol:

June 16, 2007 at 8:35 PM

@Shari – Where did your first hear about it? Maybe you can think of a design and ask someone to create it digitally for you then submit it. ;)

Oo nga, sayang yun 10k prize. But if I was to join, I would not only do it for the money but because I’m proud to be Filipino!

9. Shari

June 16, 2007 at 4:44 PM

I thought of joining when I first heard about it, but my graphic skills are nonexistent. Sighs. Sayang naman the P10K.

June 15, 2007 at 11:53 AM

@ronnie – I hope so too. This competition will not only benefit the winner but all Filipinos who have blogs and websites. :)

11. iRonnie

June 15, 2007 at 7:35 AM

wow sana maging successful to.. im wishing well for this project!

June 15, 2007 at 6:30 AM

@bluepanjeet – Yeah, go and join the competition! Who knows, you might just win it. :)

Regarding the size, it’s mentioned on the site that any dimension would do. If it’s too big, they will do the resizing.

13. bluepanjeet

June 15, 2007 at 6:10 AM

hmmmm… ano kaya… try ko nga. is there any limit on size?

June 14, 2007 at 1:49 PM

@dimaks – Good thing you mentioned that. I forgot to include it in my post. I’m gonna go and edit it now. Hehe :D

15. dimaks

June 14, 2007 at 1:44 PM

wow i am not qualified since i do not reside in the Philippines right now :)