WiseStamp Email Signatures
Recently, a blogger friend of mine asked me how I got the social media icons (with links) on my email signature. If you recently received an email from me, then you might’ve seen it too. My email signature contains my name, a link to my blog – JaypeeOnline, links to my LinkedIn profile, Facebook Fan Page, Twitter account and my Google profile and at the bottom is a link to my latest blog post.
My “cool” email signature is powered by a Firefox addon/extension called WiseStamp. This is not a new addon and some of you might have heard of it before or probably even using it already (version 1.0 was released back in July of 2008). Anyways, I wanted to share it because I know there are still many people who don’t know about WiseStamp.
WiseStamp lets you customize your email signature – choose the font style, size & color, add images, lets you add RSS feeds – share blog posts, bookmarks, videos, quotes, etc., add links to social media and social networking profiles/accounts – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, del.icio.us, StumbleUpon, Flickr, FriendFeed, Digg, Plurk, MySpace, Tumblr, IM services and many more. With WiseStamp, you can also create multiple email signatures that you can use for personal or business emails.
To know more about WiseStamp, here’s a quick video tour:
- Personally designed signatures
- Easy setup and configuration interface
- Use multiple email signatures (Business and Personal)
- Rename signatures
- Signature Rich Text editor (WYSIWYG Editor-choose color and font)
- Add your personal feeds (rss)
- Add your logo or image to your signature
- Automatically insert your signature to your webmail services
- Supports to all webmail functions- Compose Mail, Reply, and Forward
- Easily Include all your IM (Instant messaging) ID’s + Icons
- Easily link to all of your Social profiles & Services + Icons
- Manually add your signature at mouse cursor location
- preview while editing Signature
- Simple control- switch signature on/off
- Support for special characters
- Works with Gmail, Google App’s, Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail, AOL and more…
- Option to treat each signature as HTML
- Full Ltr & Rtl languages support
- Add your personal signature to any online Html supported page (Google Docs…etc)
- Supports Firefox 2 & Firefox 3
By default, WiseStamp will automatically insert an email signature when you compose an email. This feature can be turned on/off from the settings page. If you have multiple email signatures, it will select the default signature that you specified in the settings page. To access WiseStamp or edit your existing signatures, just click on the WiseStamp icon found on the bottom part of your browser or via Tools > WiseStamp.
Right now, WiseStamp is available as an extension for Mozilla Firefox, Flock, Google Chrome and Mozilla Thunderbird. It also works with most webmail providers – Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail, AOL, etc.
The email signature I’m using is a pretty simple one. I’ve seen other email signatures that are more fancy and more creative. If you’re having a hard time designing or choosing a template for your email signature, you might want to check out the WiseStamp signature template gallery for some inspiration.
To download the WiseStamp extension or learn more about it, visit WiseStamp.com.
What do you think of the WiseStamp Firefox extension? Anyone else using WiseStamp email signatures? What other features or options would you like to see added to WiseStamp? Please share your thoughts.