JaypeeOnline Recap: The Year That Was 2010
Here’s the long overdue, year-end post that I was supposed to publish last week. I started doing this annual recaps three years ago and it has become a yearly habit since then. Like I’ve mentioned in the past, these recaps are a great way to look back to the events, issues, accomplishments and other stuff that me and my blog have gone through the past year as well as appreciate all the blessings that I’ve received.
Below is a list of events and other significant things that happened and/or was published on JaypeeOnline for the year 2010:
- Like last year, one of the first things I did was to set up my blog goals for 2010.
- Received my new PayPal Debit Card as the previous one was already expired.
- Bought my wife an Asus Eee 1005HAB to replace the Compaq Presario C714NR which she gave to her sister.
- Made it to the list of the Best WordPress Related Blogs. (Rankings based on Google Pagerank, Alexa Rank and Feedburner subscriber count)
- Listed as one of the Top Blogs in the Philippines for 2009 based on Alexa rankings.
- Bought my first DSLR camera, a Canon EOS Digital Rebel T1i.
- Sponsored the Cebu Blog Camp 2010.
- Received a review unit of the Nokia 3G Booklet from Nokia WOMWorld.
- First sponsored giveaway of the year – 500 Color Business Cards from uPrinting.
- The one and only guest post that I had for 2010 – HowTo: Save For Your Apple Gadget Fix by the Silicon Valley Blogger of The Digerati Life.
- Bought a new printer – Canon PIXMA MX340 to replace the broken HP PSC 1410 All-in-One Printer.
- Experienced the worst and longest downtime ever. JaypeeOnline was initially down for 10 hours and was down again for several more hours in the next couple of days. Total downtime = approximately 24 hours. Routine server maintenance procedure that went haywire. My hosting provider acknowledge their fault and credited me with 2 months of hosting.
- Attended the Nokia World 2010 (online). Nokia WOMWorld sent me a virtual event pack which included a bag, a tshirt, several 3D glasses and an ID badge.
- Hosted a second business cards giveaway – 1,000 Business Cards Giveaway from PrintRunner.
- Launched the biggest contest/giveaway here on JaypeeOnline – the $3,500+ Christmas Giveaway. Was able to gather that much/amount of prizes in just a week’s time. It was a huge success thanks to the participants and generous sponsors.
- Found out that JaypeeOnline was one of the finalists for the 2010 Philippine Blog Awards. Making it the second year in a row and the third time for this blog to make it as a finalist for the Best Technology Blog Category.
- Finally got my own WordPress Mug which I bought from the WordPress Swag Store.
- Got myself an early Christmas gift in the form of a Lenovo IdeaPad Y560 laptop to replace my old laptop – Toshiba Satellite A305-S6872.
Although I wasn’t able to accomplish all of my blogging goals for last year, 2010 was still another great year for me and my blog. I’m also glad that I was able to share my blessings by hosting the $3,500+ Christmas Giveaway. I hope that this year, 2011 will continue to be good or become better for all of us.
Again, thank you everyone for all your support! God bless!
[image source: Blaugh]